Monday, December 18, 2006

Caffeine OD : The Starbucks 2007 Planner

Unleaded : P35.37 / Liter
USD 1.00 : 49.30 Php

Hello Planner!

You were born at exaclty 13:56 on December 17, 2006 at Starbucks Shell Station SLEX, having been conceived 24 days earlier after a brief dalliance with an over-eager barista at Starbucks Metrowalk who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Can't believe you're finally here. I didn't know I had it in me. Like I said to the girl, my urges for P140 beverages were few and far between if not nonexistent. In fact, I have never stepped into a Starbucks of my own volition in its entire local franchise life. But 21 steamy encounters later, give or take a frigid few, here you are in my arms, fresh and clean and hermetically sealed, ready to take on the world half a page at at a time.

Before all this I hardly drank or felt the the need to drink coffee. Come to think of it I've never made or bought a cup of coffee for myself ever in my life. Now, my caffeine quota for the next year has been filled this early and my pocket sure feels lighter. Even so I still find myself hankering for a Toffee Nut fix now and again and going out of my way to get one. Seems more than I'd bargained for when I made my choice to have you. (Update: Toffee Nut has been officially "Sold Out" since about a week before Christmas. No surprise there since the other two "holiday brews" taste like sweetened tar.)

So, are you worth it? Can I make a place for you in my life? You look good enough and the prospects are open as can be. But you don't even have a place marker, or a slot to put my calling cards in. Not to mention the fact that I've been using a Palm since 2001. And to be honest, sometimes when people look at you and me together I can almost hear them think, "Sucker!".

But you are here and we're both in this together. You and me for the next 365. I don't know how long it will take for you to finally misplace yourself and leave me for good. But until that happens, let's make the most of the days ahead.

No comments:

Might be of interest: