Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New blog but not really.

I decided to do some housecleaning around here and found that my blog (or what passed for it) and its URL were stuck somewhere in the bowels of Blogger, never to be seen by anyone but me. Didn't know how to fix it so I just picked some posts to save and flushed the rest down to oblivion. I figured I'd just as soon start with a clean slate.

Easier said than done though. Staking your claim on a URL is tougher than ever in this shrinking cyber frontier, with everyone wanting their own piece of web real estate and knowing how to do it. All the prime locations are taken, some flourishing with life, others laid to waste with nothing in them but token test posts -- tombstones to mark the birth-death of the blog/URL.

Some examples of the latter: hit or miss, stuck in a moment, hunt and peck, flotsam and jetsam, the light fantastic, warts and all. Nice hooks, gone forever.

No comments:

Might be of interest: